1. Figure out how to incorporate working out into your schedule.Life doesn’t get less busy, so you have to figure out how to make time for stuff that’s good for you. Not because you want to lose 20 pounds or become obscenely ripped, but because you want to feel better and when you work out, you feel better. It’s that simple.
2. Drink more water! No, more than that. The difference it makes in your skin, your body, and your mood is no freaking joke. Put in cut-up fruit if you have to, but just drink it already.
3. Try not giving a shit about your relationship status. Date around and have lots of sex. Or be single for long stretches of time. Enjoy this time to do whatever you want without stressing out about your relationship status or trying to find a husband. It’ll happen when it’s meant to and you’ll be so glad you didn’t spend all your time stressing about it. Stress is bad for your health.
4. Read a newspaper every day, even if it’s online. Knowledge about the world gets built over time, and if you want to be a well-informed thirty something, you have to build that base now. And it doesn’t have to be painful; just read something every day about a topic that interests you.
5. Take big career risks. Hate what you’re doing and want to try something else, but afraid you won’t make any money/don’t think you’ll get the job/have no idea what you’re doing? Who cares? Unless you have kids to feed, really jump off the cliff and go for what you want.
6. Travel. Your back is still able to tolerate hostel beds and you should be fine eating $1 street kabobs for dinner, so you can travel on the cheap in ways that Olds just cannot anymore. Go places, and go alone at least once, because you might not get the chance again. Plus, when you get older and have $$$, you can go back to your favorite places and actually do it up right.