13Year Old Girl Slept While Her Cell Phone Smoldered Under Her Pillow


15638_10152154275912093_2736268230007773726_nA 13-year-old North Texas girl was awoken in the night by a smoldering cell phone on the other side of her pillow, but the cell phone manufacturer says she did something they warn users about.
Ariel Tolfree loves using her Samsung Galaxy S4. “It’s really like, nice and pretty,” said Tolfree. “It’s high tech.”Every chance she gets, she texts her friends and gets on social media apps like Instagram and Twitter.cBut during visit with her, she had to borrow her dad’s S3 phone, because her phone is burned so badly, it’s barely recognizable. 
”The whole phone melted,” said her dad, Thomas. “The plastic, the glass. You can’t even really tell that it was a phone.”

Tolfree says her phone slipped under her pillow as she fell asleep, and the smell of something burning woke her up in the night. SEE MORE ON PAGE2

Facebook Comments