Someone Wrote: 20 Shocking Atrocities Committed By APC’s Presidential Candidate General Muhammadu Buhari,
1. Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience. In fact On the 10th anniversary of Abacha’s demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that, Abacha’s stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from theNiger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.
2. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the MMA against the protest of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically,Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of Customs, who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases were supervised by buharis ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo
3. That obnoxious Decree 4 by buhari, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists, an attempt to shut-up the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation of buhari shows the essence of his intolerance…..He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of “The Guardian” on stories that were factually true. He again told Nigerian journalists then that, it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail. facts of recent history.
4. Mrs. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter, was sacked on Buhari’s orders as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing, $2.8 Billion money, while buhari was petroleum minister, was traced to Buhari’s account at Midland Bank, London branch. In view of this, OBJ scraped PTF over Buhari’s misappropriation. Vera eventually won her case in court after providing evidence, and was financially compensated.
5. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority.
6. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha. Also, He has not been able to point to any project he prosecuted outside Northern Nigeria with the trust fund.
7. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices, placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatia mansion in Ikoyi, while he locked up Shagari’s Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison.Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.
8. Ikemba Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, another Igboman who had just returned from 13 years of exile in 1982, following a pardon by then president, Shehu Shangri, was as well locked up in Kiri-Kiri Prison by Buhari. Till this day, we are not told what Ojukwu’s offence was.
9. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and as PTF chairman, he employed an overwhelming numberof Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in theNorth. If in doubt, read El Rufai’s book.
10. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa “Truth and Reconciliation Panel.” Despite the fact that Buhari knew how important reconciliation is to the stability of democracy, buhari has never apologised at anytime.
PROCEED TO SEE MORE ON PAGE2