He said, â€œThe man had wanted to change his old cable TV decoder and antenna. When power was restored, he discovered that he didnâ€™t have electricity in his house.
â€œHe wanted to do it himself, but neighbours advised him to get the service of an electrician. He contacted an electrician who billed him N2,500. But he said the charge was too high. He decided to go and rent a wooden ladder from someone in the area.
â€œHe mounted the ladder on the wall and called the lady from inside the room to assist him in holding the ladder. She held the ladder with one hand and held an iron pole beside the room with the other hand.â€œWhile he was working, the wire fell and touched the pole she was holding and that was how she was electrocuted.â€
â€œThe woman fell down and hit her head against the concrete floor. People tried to resuscitate her by giving her milk; but she didnâ€™t come round. A lot of time had been wasted. She was rushed to a private hospital in the area, but she was rejected.
â€œWe took her to the general hospital, where she was confirmed dead. Her corpse was deposited in a mortuary,â€ another resident said.
He said, â€œThey did their introduction four years ago and since then, they had been staying together. Their marriage was slated for November and the two families have bought clothes and sent invitation to people.
â€œAround 1pm of the day that she died, she called one of her friends that she would be going to shop for the wedding, not knowing that she would die that day.
â€œIt was the manâ€™s stinginess that killed her. If he had paid someone to fix the electrical fault, this would not have happened.â€