Details about the beautiful and amazing woman behind Nigeria’s Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
1. Dolapo Osinbanjo who is popularly called Dolly by her friends is from a famous and illustrious family whose history is inexorably tied to Nigeria’s political history. She is the grand-daughter of Obafemi Awolowo, the First Premier of the Western Region and the Best President Nigeria never had. Her mother was Ayo Soyode nee Awolowo, the now deceased older sister of the more well-known Awolowo daughter, Tokunbo Awolowo Dosunmu.2. Dolapo Osinbajo, nee Soyode, is the only daughter of her parents and she has two brothers
3. Dolapo Osinbajo, though a clearly beautiful woman, is not given to ostentation or frivolities. Her dress sense is simple with minimal jewelry and almost no make-up. Many of her friends were pleasantly surprised to see her with make-up at the inauguration.
4. A fervent Christian and very spiritually minded lady, many believe it was Dolapo who took Professor Yemi Osinbajo, an ordained pastor who used to lead a congregation in Banana Island, to Redeemed church.
5. Dolapo Osinbajo, unlike wives of past Vice Presidents has already developed a bond with Aisha Buhari and those close to them say despite the differences in temperament and religion, the two have bonded and become fast friends.
6. Dolapo Osinbajo who qualified as a lawyer is also a writer like her husband and is the author of the book, ‘They Call Me Mama!’ which chronicles her experiences interacting with and reforming street boys in Lagos Island.
7. Friends describe Dolapo Osinbajo as a prayer warrior.