Doris Simeon-Ademinokan, otherwise known as Doris Simeon is an award winning Yoruba and English actress. Born in Lagos, Nigeria she is married to filmmaker Daniel Ademinokan and has one son, and as of May 2013 they are divorcing. Work A Yoruba and English actress, Simeon started with a part in three episodes of the Papa Ajasco comedy series. She then had parts in Nollywood films Oloju Ede, Alakada, Ten Million Naira and Modupe Temi. She has also appeared in Eti Keta.
In 2010 she starred as Da Grin’s girlfriend in Ghetto Dreamz. and co-produced with her husband Omo Iya kan. Awards 2008 AMAA awards Best Indigenous Actress Onitemi. 2010 Zafaa Award Best Actress Indigenous Asiri Here are 9 things you should know about Nollywood actress and TV host, Doris Simeon
- Doris Simeon was born in Lagos but her parents hail from Okpella in Benin, Edo state. She was born into a polygamous family but grew up with her mother in the Ojota area of Lagos.
- Doris’s first appearance on screen was on comedy series, Papa Ajasco produced byWale Adenuga Productions.
- She doesn’t have a university degree but she has a diploma in Production Management from the PEFTI film institute owned by Wale Adenuga.
- She met her former husband, Daniel Ademinokan on set of a movie location in 2006. Daniel was the director of the movie titled Omo Jaiye Jaiye.
- Doris and Daniel have a son together named David. He was born on April 4, 2008.
- In 2008, Doris Simeon won an AMAA for the Best Indigenous actress for her role in ‘Onitemi’ which she produced. This movie was also directed by Daniel Ademinokan.
- Some of Doris Simeon’s biggest movies were directed by her ex-husband. These include Ghetto Dreamz, Omo Jaiye Jaiye, Onitemi and Modupe temi,
- Apart from acting, Doris hosts a show Faaji Extra on DSTV. She also has a shop where household tools are sold in Ogba while she is a brand ambassador for Ribena.
- Doris Simeon played Dagrin’s girlfriend in the late rapper’s biopic, Ghetto Dreamz which was produced by Ope Banwo and directed by her ex-hubby, Daniel Ademinokan.