Here are 9 things you should know about Nollywood actress and TV host, Doris Simeon
- Doris Simeon was born in Lagos but her parents hail from Okpella in Benin, Edo state. She was born into a polygamous family but grew up with her mother in the Ojota area of Lagos.
- Doris’s first appearance on screen was on comedy series, Papa Ajasco produced byWale Adenuga Productions.
- She doesn’t have a university degree but she has a diploma in Production Management from the PEFTI film institute owned by Wale Adenuga.
- She met her former husband, Daniel Ademinokan on set of a movie location in 2006. Daniel was the director of the movie titled Omo Jaiye Jaiye.
- Doris and Daniel have a son together named David. He was born on April 4, 2008.
- In 2008, Doris Simeon won an AMAA for the Best Indigenous actress for her role in ‘Onitemi’ which she produced. This movie was also directed by Daniel Ademinokan.
- Some of Doris Simeon’s biggest movies were directed by her ex-husband. These include Ghetto Dreamz, Omo Jaiye Jaiye, Onitemi and Modupe temi,
- Apart from acting, Doris hosts a show Faaji Extra on DSTV. She also has a shop where household tools are sold in Ogba while she is a brand ambassador for Ribena.
- Doris Simeon played Dagrin’s girlfriend in the late rapper’s biopic, Ghetto Dreamz which was produced by Ope Banwo and directed by her ex-hubby, Daniel Ademinokan.