After the Nyanya bomb blast which occurred on Monday April 14th, which killed over 80 people, military checkpoints have been mounted at various strategic road junctions to check human and vehicular activities in the FCT. Motorists/workers say these checkpoints have become a big problem for them as they lose many useful hours in traffic with some of them getting late to work and receiving queries. According to a report on Channels TV, residents in Abuja say their fear is in the manner in which the military men carry out their search operations. They say the traffic opens them to a possible attack from Boko Haram men who can take advantage of the gridlock and strike again. They pleaded with the military to seek more effective ways to carry out their search.
- Hunters kill Over 75 Boko Haram Members, Recapture Maiha Town in Adamawa State,Nigeria
- Video Released by Defence Head Quarters showing Boko Haram members fleeing Sambisa forest
- Photos: Nigerian Police Averts Bomb Blast Incident In Kano Today
- Mother of rescued Chibok girl, Amina Ali, speaks to BBC, says some of the missing girls died during childbirth
- Local vigilante ‘Recaptures’ Mubi in Adamawa State & Drive Out Boko Haram
- Photos: Recent Military Operations Reclaims Three Towns from Boko Haram including Gombi, Pelia & Hong in Adamawa State, Nigeria
- Photos: Destructive Aftermath of Mubi town in Adamawa State After Boko Haram Launches Attack
- Photo: 7,000 Nigerians Ejected out of Niger republic
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Touching sad story about two men sitting in wheelchairs Written By “Dr. Idris Ahmed”
- Three Igbo Men Supplying Ammunition To Boko Haram Arrested
- Boko Haram Killed Chinko Man, Abducts 10 Others In Cameroon
- Photo: Boko Haram Bombs Church, Kills 12 Christians During Service.