Baby Dies in Lekki, Lagos inferno After mum locked her Up Indoor


A seven-month-old baby was burnt to death in a fire incident in the Ikota Housing Estate, in the Lekki area of Lagos,after she was locked up in the room by the mother, who was cooking in the kitchen.
Her mother was said to have left the kitchen for somewhere else, when the fire broke out.
Residents were said to have called officials of the Lagos State Fire Service.But it was too late as the building had been razed down, while the child was burnt to death.
A witness said,  “The family, Mr. and Mrs. Monday, just moved into the house. “The woman was cooking something in the kitchen and she locked up her baby in the room. She later left the house. A few minutes later, fire broke out in the house and people called the fire service. But by the time they came, the structure had been razed, while the baby was dead.”
The Director of the state fire service, Rasak Fadipe, who confirmed the incident, said firefighters from the Lekki Phase 2 station responded with 10,000 litres of water, adding that the damage had been done before they could get there.
Source: Punch
Facebook Comments