Biography, Profile & Curriculum Vitae Of Lagos State 2015 APC Governorship Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Unveiled
The governorship candidate of APC in Lagos state, Akinwunmi Ambode released his CV for his critics . See more of his impressive resume below…
• I was born on the 14th of June,1963 at Epe General Hospital, Epe, Lagos State.
• I had my Primary School at St. Jude’s Primary School, Ebute Meta, and Lagos. Passed the National Common Entrance in Primary 5 and gained admission into Federal Government College, Warri.
• Recorded the second best result in the entire West Africa in the Higher School
Certificate Examinations in the Social Sciences in 1981.
• Graduated with honours in Accounting from the University of Lagos at 21.
• I started my public service career at Lagos State Waste Disposal Board (now LAWMA) as Accountant Grade II in November 1985.
• At 24, I qualified as a Chartered Accountant and completed my Masters Degree programme in Accounting from University of Lagos, specializing in Financial Management.
• Worked in the Local Government Service for 10years and was at various times council Treasurer in Alimosho, Shomolu, Mushin and Ajeromi-Ifelodun Local Government Councils.
• In 1998, my commitment to public service earned me the award of the US Fullbright Scholarship for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program, in Boston University, Massachusetts, USA on Public Leadership with emphasis on Finance and Accounting.
• I was appointed acting Auditor-General for Local Government in 2000 and became the youngest ever Auditor-General for Local Government in Lagos State.
• I was appointed Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance in January 2005 and in February, 2006, was given the additional responsibility of Accountant-General of Lagos State.
• I was the youngest Permanent Secretary in service and only the second person to hold both positions of Permanent Secretary and Accountant-General at the same time.
• Under my watch, the State Treasury Office revolutionized the way Lagos State finances were raised, budgeted, managed and planned resulting in the state’s budget performing at an average of 85% annually.
• I ensured payment of civil service staff salaries before the end of the month, payment of running cost by 1st week of each month and introduced end of the year
package and special/specific welfare for staff.
PROCEED TO SEE MORE ON PAGE 2