Biography/Profile Of Lagos State 2015 PDP Governorship Candidate: Joseph Olujimi Kolawole Agbaje, He is a pharmacist by training from the then University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife. A Scion of the Onilegbale Chieftancy family of Lagos and Lasuwon family in Ikorodu, He was raised from a humble background; Father a Banker and Mother a School Teacher.
He possesses veteran experience with over 3 decades as a practicing pharmacist. He served in many health management capacities in his early years as a pharmacist in Lagos State, and is currently the Managing Director of Jaykay Pharmaceutical & Chemical Company Ltd. which is responsible for the manufacturing and distribution of pharmaceuticals across the country. He is a Fellow, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (FPSN); Fellow, West African Post Graduate College of Pharmacists (FPCPharm); Merit Award Winner (MAW), Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (Lagos State).
Mr. Agbaje has also held various professional appointments which include National Chairman, Nigerian Association of General Practice Pharmacists (1990 – 1993), Chairman, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (Lagos State) 1994 – 1997, Chairman, 1994 National Conference Planning committee of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, National Secretary Nigerian Association of General Practice (1987-1990), just to mention a few.
He has participated in various International programs including the Executive Management Program at the Wits Business School, Johannesburg & Cape Town Business School, South Africa; World Health Organization training course on Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in the Pharmaceutical sector; UNICEF Oral Rehydration Therapy program (train the trainer course).
- Member of Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- National Chairman, Nigerian Association of General Practice Pharmacist (NAGPP).
- Chairman, Lagos State Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria.
- Committee Member of Lagos State Task Force on Fake & Aldulterated Drugs.
- Member, National Drug Formulary and Essential Drugs List.
- Member, Lagos State Hospital Management Board.
- The Counterfeit Problem & It’s impact on public Health; a Nigerian Perspective. Delivered at F.I.P (Federation Internationale de Pharmacie) at Hague,Netherlands.
- Effective National Health Insurance Policy in Nigeria.
- The Pharmacists role in community development.
- Change Management for Pharmacists.
- Promoting Society’s Health Through Health Economics – The Role of The Pharmacist.
- Fellowship of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (F.P.S.N).
- Fellowship of West African Post Graduate College of Pharmacy (FPC Pharm).
- Fellowship of the Nigeria Academy of Pharmacy.
- Awardee the National Honour of the Order of The Niger (OON) for his contribution to the Pharmacy Profession & Politics.
- Involved in the “Concerned Professionals” group in the dark days of Abacha regime.
- Treasurer as well as Secretary of the Socio-Political Movement Afenifere Group.
- Lagos Coordinator of the Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG).
- Save Nigeria Group (SNG).
- Committed to the Principle of Good Governance, He regularly participates on Current Affairs in print and electronic media.
- Member of Board, Vigeo Holdings Ltd.
- Member of Board, Oakwood Park Ltd.
- Member of Board, Premier Music.
- Vice Chairman, Atlantic Hall School, Epe.
- Faculty Member, African Centre of Leadership, Strategy & Development (Centre LSD).
- Member of Trustee, Nigerian Infection Control Association (NICA).
- Member of Patron Catholic Youth Organisation of Nigeria (CYON) Archdioceses of Lagos.
- Founder, Jimi Agbaje Outreach (Project dedicated to helping the less fortunate step on the first rung of the ladder of development).