Full Name: Ibrahim Mustafa Magu
Education: Ibrahim Magu attended the University of Maiduguri
State Of Origin: Kanuri from Borno state
Age: Position In The Government:Chairman of Economic and financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) Nigeria Born Ibrahim Mustafa Magu was once the acting Chairman of Economic and financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) but right now he is the official new Chairman of EFCC who took after the former chairman following the removal of Ibrahim Lamorde .
Ibrahim Mustafa Magu attended the University of Maiduguri where he was able to bagged a degree in Accountancy. Hence he is now a certified accountant, a trained financial crimes investigator with background in forensic accounting, and he also trained at the FBI institute and the London Metropolitan Police institute. History has it that Ibrahim Magu onced served as head of the EFCC’s Economic Governance Unit (EGU) during the tenure of Nuhu Ribadu.
9 Things You Should Know About The New EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Mustafa Magu:
1. Ibrahim Mustafa Magu is said to have worked with Ribadu to jail his brother-in-law and former Bank of the North chief, Shettima Bulama
2. Mr. Magu was one of the first set of recruits into the EFCC by the pioneer chairman of the commission, Nuhu Ribadu.
3. Ibrahim Magu is a member of the investigative committee convened by National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno on the orders of President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the procurement of arms in the Armed Forces from 2007 till now
4. Ibrahim Mustafa Magu is a Kanuri from Borno state
5. Ibrahim Mustafa Magu has been described by Police sources as “a fearless investigator who can go to any lenght to get the information he source for and he never hesitate to stand up to any duty
6. Back in the days , Ibrahim Mustafa Magu held the position head of the EFCC’s Economic Governance Unit (EGU) it was during the tenure of Nuhu Ribadu.
7. He graduated from the department of Accountancy from the respected University of Maiduguri , a trained financial crimes investigator with background inforensic accounting, and training at the FBI institute and the London Metropolitan Police institute.
8. He masterminded the jail of his brother-in-law and former Bank of the North chief, Shettima Bulama . Though Bulama was later vindicated and set free by for Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan
9. He gained recorgnition after aiding and leading many high profile investigations against former governors including James Ibori of Delta State and the current Senate President Bukola Saraki of Kwara State.