Alice Iyabo Ojo an Alist actress in Nollywood mostly in the yoruba movie sector was born on the 21st of December 1977 in to the Ogunro family in Obanikoro area of Lagos state.
she hails from Abeokuta Itoko town in Ogun state, she has 2 siblings and is the only girl and the last born, her dad late Mr Adekunle Ogunro died years ago, while her mum Madam Olubunmi Fetuga is still very much alive, she attended Grace Children nursary and primary school in Gbagada, National College Gbagbaga and studied Estate managenent in Lagos state Polytechnic.
she joined the nigeria movie industry under the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) in 1998 with the help of a senior colleague Bimbo Akintola who in turn introduced her to keppy Epeyoung, her first role was in a movie titled satanic directed by Mr Matayas, she took a break from acting when she got married in 1999 and had 2 lovely kids, she later returned back but first went to join Black Image an African dance drama stage group in 2001 and still in the same year she joined the Association of Nigeria Theatre Practioners (ANTP) under the Odunfa Caucus.
VIDEO: NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS IYABO OJO SHOOTS CHARITY INCLINED MOVIE
she has featured in over 150 movies and have produced over 14 movies of her own which includes Botife her 1st movie, Bofeboko, Ololufe, Ana si ana, Agogo ide, Ero mi, Iyan ogun odun, Wole akudaya, okunkun biribiri, award winning Omo gomina, Arinzo, Tenbelu and her most three recent english movies Silence, Beyond-disability and Black Val yet to be released. She resently produced another fanatasic movie ASTRAY (ISINA)The 38yrs old actress, producer, enterpreneur and a mother of two, 16yrs old Festus Oladunjoye Ojo (son) and 14yrs old Priscilla Ajoke Ojo (daugther) has also won alot of awards both local and international to mention a few:
1. Gold Award for Outstanding Performance 2006
2. African Film Award UK Best Cross Over Actress 2007
3. New Generation Arts & Culture Practitioners (NGACP) Honourary Merit Awards & Best Actress of the year 2007/2008
4. Ambassador Club of OAU (ACO – Ile Ife) Most Striking Female Artist 2007
5. City People Entertainment AWARD (CPEA) Recognition Award 2009
6. Abuja Int. Film Festival – Winner Best Feature Film Nigeria 2011 (OMO GOMINA)
7. Botra Award (BA) for Excellent Performance on Stage 2011
8. Deluxe Magazine Award UK for Excellence & Recognition 2011
9. Best of Nollywood Award (BON) Best Actress in Supporting Role 2012
10. Classic African Merit Award (CAMA) best Actressof the year 2013
11. Int Association of Psychiatric Nurses of Nigerria in New Jersey (IAPNN) awards for Creating awareness on the mental issue caused by childabuse in SILENCE 2014
12. SILENCE Best Movie of the Year [BON] AWARDS 2014
13. Africa MouthPiece int. Woman of he year Award 2015.
14. Best Yoruba actress City People Entertainment Award 2015.
15. J15 Award for her EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE on stage 2015