Diana Yekinni is a Performing Artiste and a Professional Tap Dancer. She is from Lagos State, Nigeria but was born and raised in South London, England. She studied Theatre and dance at the Brit School of Performing Arts, London. Intensive Theatre Course at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York and a BA in Theatre from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Los Angeles.
She has always had passion and true love for performing, luckily for her she realised her dreams to be a performer from as young as age 5 and has been taking classes for singling, dancing and acting, she says she is happiest when on stage entertaining her audience.
Her professional acting career kicked off in 2009 when she featured and played a strong role in the award winning movie IJE but took a different turn after she flew to Houston to participate in an acting competition tagged â€˜Screen Icon Search Competitionâ€™ where they were scouting for new talents to join Nollywood, after several rounds of auditioning, she emerged the winner of 2012 GIAMA Screen Icon Search Award in Houston where she was awarded with 3 movies deals with 3 different producers, Emem Isong, Frank Rajah and Pascal Atuma.
Diana moved to Nigeria in
2013,Â she has since featured in several productions
both on screen and stage like: Ebonylife TV Drama
â€˜A New Youâ€™, Lagos Cougars,
Honeymoon Hotel, Saro the Musical, London Life Lagos Living,
Coloured Girls, Refugees, Secret Lives of Baba Segi Wives, just to
mention but a fewâ€¦
She has been busy working and taking her spot as one of the outstanding up and coming actors to watch out for. She strongly believes she stands out not because of her shinning dark skin and short hair but because she is a very strong dramatic actress and always takes on every opportunity she gets to prove her passion for acting is like the air she breaths and she craves for an opportunity to play a really deep dramatic role.
Her Moto of Life is Patience Passion Persistence and Prayer (4Ps). She loves to read, Ice skate, dance and watch yoruba films.
Diana believes in being happy, she says life is too short to do
something you donâ€™t absolutely love. Her
never-ending passion for acting has led her all over the world and
she hopes to continue sharing her gift and love with everyone she
meets on her journey.
You can contact Diana via Facebook on :Â https://www.facebook.com/dianatyekinni
Follow her on twitter:Â @Dianayekinni
HERE ARE FIVE THING YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT DIANA YEKINNI BELOW:
1. Yekini is a Nigerian-British native, who emerged the winner of the 1st Annual GIAMA â€“ Screen Icon Search (SIS) Competition.
2. Diana made her film debut in 2009 with a role in the award-winning â€˜IJEâ€™ alongside Genevieve Nnaji and Omotola Jalade.
3. The actress earned her BA in Theatre from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Los Angeles.
4. Since moving to Nigeria in 2013, Diana has stared in EbonyLife TV drama â€˜A New You,â€™ â€˜All That Glitters,â€™ â€˜Saro The Musicalâ€™, â€˜Lagos Cougars,â€™ â€˜Lunch Time Heroes.â€™
5. The talented actress is also a trained tap dancer. Diana studied theater and danceÂ at the Brit School of Performing Arts in London, and at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.