Simon Achuba has been sworn in as the deputy governor of Kogi state following his nomination by the state governor Yahaya Bello.
• He’s aged 51 years, he was born on July 13, 1964,
• He hails from Ibaji LGA of Kogi Eas
• He defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All progressives Congress in May, 2015
• He’s a two-time member of the Kogi State House of Assembly. He was a member between 1999 and 2007 and Deputy Speaker of the house between 2003 and 2007.
• He is the immediate past chairman of Kogi State Environmental Protection Board.
His nomination by Alh. Yahaya Bello and subsequent confirmation by the State House of Assembly is in line with the provision of Section 186 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999) as amended.
Speaking shortly after taking the oath of allegiance and oath of office administered by the State Chief Judge, Justice Nasir Ajanah, the Deputy Governor promised to support Governor Yahaya Bello in his effort to bring about rapid development in Kogi State.
He expressed appreciation to Governor Yahaya Bello and the people of the state for finding him worthy as Deputy Governor promising not to let them down.
In his remarks, Governor Yahaya Bello described the Deputy Governor, Hon. Simon Achuba as the best material for the position having been found worthy by qualification and in character.Deputy Governor, Hon. Simon Achuba & His Wife Pictured Above.Deputy Governor, Hon. Simon Achuba, Daughter & His Wife Pictured Above.