General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, on Saturday appointed a new Head of the church in Nigeria. The new Head is Pastor Joseph Obayemi
The newly appointed GO was the former Special Assistant to the General Overseer (SATGO) on Finance.
He was a Regional Pastor and a former assistant general overseer.
His first wife died and he remarried.
Pastor Adeboye also appointed Pastor Johnson Odesola, who was the Special Assistant on Administration and Personnel, as the church Secretary. The man of God retired ahead of his 75th birthday on 2 March.
RCCG which was not well known prior to Mr. Adeboye’s ascendance, has grown phenomenally, to become Nigeria’s biggest, with branches in about 190 countries, including more than 14,000 in Nigeria.
Pastor Joseph Obayemi was a deputy in charge of Finance and a member of governing council in the Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG), before his appointment as the new General Overseer of the Church by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Pastor Joseph Obayemi is married to Pastor (Mrs) Victoria Obayemi.
The Redeemed Christian Church of God has also released a memo indicating that Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye’s appointment of Pastor Joseph Obayemi as the General Overseer was prompted by a new Legislation in Nigeria. See Below:
Pastor Joseph Obayemi was promoted alongside others in August 2016, to the position of Assistant General Overseer, hence, his appointment to lead the Redeemed Christian Church Of God in Nigeria.
Read Below are 9 things you should know about Pastor Joseph Obayemi:
1. Pastor Joseph Obayemi was the former Special Assistant to the General Overseer on Finance.
2. He is a member of governing council of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
3. He was the pastor in charge of Lagos Province 28, region 2 of the church.
4. He laid the foundation for the extension of the province’s temporary place of worship in March 2015.
5. He was Chairman, board of governors, House fellowship of the RCCG.
6. Obayemi was appointed at the Annual Ministers Thanksgiving at Shimawa, in Ogun State.
7. He is now the General Overseer of RCCG Nigeria as Pastor Adeboye remains the Worldwide GO.
8. He is a confidant of Pastor Adeboye and at many times represented Daddy GO at programmes.
9. He is happily married with children.