Compare & Contrast : The Country Libya Under The Rule Of Gaddaffi & Libya With American Democracy. see Below:
1. There was no electricity bill in Libya; electricity was free for all its citizens.
2. There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya were state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.
3. Having a home was considered a human right in Libya.
4. All newlyweds in Libya used to receive 60,000 dinar (£34,470) by the government to buy their first apartment, to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments were free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83%.
6. If Libyans wanted to take up a farming career, they would have received farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms… all for free.
7. If Libyans could not find the education or medical facilities they needed, the government funded them to go abroad. For it was not only paid for, but they got a £1585/month for accommodation and car allowance.
8. If a Libyan bought a car, the government used to subsidise 50 percent of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya was £0.09 per litre. NINE PENCE!!!!!
10. Libya had no external debt and its reserves amounted to £103 billion -which are now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan was unable to get employment after graduation, the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she was employed, until employment was found.
12. A portion of every Libyan oil sale was credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child received £3447.
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya used to cost £0.10. TEN PENCE!!!
15. 25 percent of Libyans now have a university degree.
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.