Grab your dumbbells, exercise ball and yoga mat and hit the ground for this easy flat tummy workout. This workout was devised by a fitness expert. Aim for at least three sets of 10 reps, three times a week. SEE MORE AFTER CUT>>>>
The Ab Definer
These alternate knee-to-chest raises tighten up the full length of your abs, and strengthen your core.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and lift them about 15cm off the floor.
- Draw your right knee in towards your chest as close as possible, keeping your left leg extended.
- Straighten your right leg, simultaneously drawing your left knee into your chest. This is one rep.
The Lower Belly Blaster
Target that difficult-to-tone area at the bottom of your tummy with half sit-ups.
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and your feet flat on the floor. Place your fingertips on your thighs. This is your start position.
- Keeping your arms straight, steadily sit up to touch the top of your knees and then lie back down to complete one rep.
- Remember to keep your feet and knees together throughout the move.
The Waist Cincher
This targets your obliques – the muscles that run down either side of your torso – to give you a cinched-in waist.
- Lie on your back with your arms stretched out. Place a Swiss ball between your bent knees and lift your legs off the floor. Squeeze the ball between your knees.
- Slowly lower your knees to one side, and return to the centre, then lower to the other side and return to the centre. This is one rep.
- Remember to keep gently squeezing the ball.
The Torso Flattener
This move, called the sit-up-and-reach, helps to elongate your torso and flatten your tummy.
- Lie on your back holding a dumbbell in both hands with your arms straight, pointing towards the ceiling, and your legs bent with your feet flat on the floor.
- Sit up as far as you can, keeping your arms pointing straight up throughout.
- Lie back down under control and repeat.
The Love-Handle Banisher
Another great way of getting rid of love handles, as it strengthens the muscles at the sides of your torso.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your shoulders off the floor and, gently bending at the waist, touch your right ankle with your right hand, keeping your back as flat as possible.
- Return to the centre and repeat with your left hand to complete one rep.
The Total Tummy Toner
This targets not only the muscles along the full length of your tummy, but also the tops of your thighs.
- Start on the floor in the press-up position, hands underneath your shoulders.
- Draw your left knee up towards your right shoulder as far as you can.
- Return to the start and repeat with the other leg.