The gubernatorial election in Ekiti State, Nigeria, took place on the 21st June, 2014. The two main contenders were Ayo Fayose and Kayode Fayemi from the PDP and APC respectively. Below is a transcript of a recording that took place on the night before the election.
All those present are upset by the failings of the military to execute their plan of
intimidation and electoral fraud in line with what was agreed/ordered by the President of Federal Republic of Nigeria and Chief of Army Staff of the Federation.
Those present in the room were:
* Governor Ayo Fayose – Executive Governor of Ekiti
* Senator Iyiola Omisore
* Brig General Aliyu Momoh
* Senator Musiliu Obanikoro – Ex Minister of state for Defence
* Captain Sagir Koli
* Honourable AbdulKareem – Honourable member of the National Assembly
* Caleb Olubolade – Minister of Police Affairs
SEE VIDEO BELOW:
During the conversation strategies/plans to intimidate voters and perform electoral fraud were discussed in detail. The key points are as follows:
* The use of the Nigerian military by the PDP to assist in electoral manipulation. This includes:
* The creation of a list of APC members to arrest
* The use of stickers to be used to identify persons not to be harassed and detained by the army
* Deployment of “Special Team” including a “Strike Force”
* The Minister of state of Defence bribing military personnel with the offer of promotion if he carries out the “strategy”
* A gubernatorial candidate admitting to electoral fraud by copying voting material provided by the INEC
* The reprimanding of military personnel for mistakenly detaining PDP members engaged in electoral fraud
* The Minister explicitly states he was instructed by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to execute this plan.
* The Candidate Fayose explicitly states he was given assurances by the Chief of Army staff to execute this plan.
PROCEED TO SEE MORE ON PAGE2