A Generator Exploded and completely razed their two-bedroom apartment and property, The deceased’s wife and one other child who survived the incident were severely burnt and are receiving treatment at a hospital. The incident happened at about 8.00pm at the building located at 8, Odofin Street, Ikotun, Lagos when one of the children took a lit candle near the generator that had just been filled with petrol. Sources said immediately she was close to the generator, it caught fire and exploded, engulfing the entire flat.SEE MORE AFTER CUT>>>
Before help could come, the victims had been severely burnt. One of them died on the spot while others were rushed to a hospital where two others eventually died. The incident was reported at the Ikotun Police Station. The bodies of the dead family members have been deposited at the mortuary in Ikeja for autopsy. When P.M.NEWS visited the premises where the incident happened, the residents confirmed it, saying the victims were well known in the area as a peaceful family.
They also said that the wife and one of the child that survived were still at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, where they are receiving treatment.
A woman suspected to be the landlady of the house prevented our reporter from entering the affected building.
When P.M.NEWS visited the the police station, the Divisional Police Officer was not around for comment on the matter, but sources within the station said the police had commenced investigation into the matter.