Nigeria’s leading telecommunication outfit, Globacom has signed a $500 million deal with technical partner, ZTE. The deal was signed today at the Mike Adenuga Towers, Victoria Island, was described as very memorable as it coincides with the birthday of Mike Adenuga, chairman Globacom Nigeria Limited.
The deal follows the $750 million memorandum of understanding the company signed with Chinese company, Huawei on 25 April.
The technical deal with ZTE is expected to enhance and improve Globacom’s network quality and service. The deal is expected to be completed by September, four months from now.
Jameel Mohammed, Group Chief Operating Officer, said the deal signalled the commitment of the telecommunication outfit to its customers. “With this memorandum of understanding with ZTE, we reiterate our commitment to our customers. In the coming months, we will all experience better services and products from Globacom,” he said.
Mohammed explained that the deal is very significant to Globacom because it coincides with the birthday of the Chairman who turns 60 today. “Today is a very symbolic and memorable for all of us at Globacom. We are celebrating the 60th birthday of our chairman and we are also committing to serving you better,” he said. SEE MORE AFTER CUT>>>>>>
He added that the deal will include network modernisation, network expansion and other technical support. “With this we reiterate our commitment to our customers and we want to reassure them that we will strive hard to bring in the latest technology always. We have selected ZTE as one of our technical partner because we want to modernise our base station service network. This modernisation will enable us to carry large amount of data services which are in high demand.”
The efforts from Globacom to expand and modernise will continue all year long as they celebrate their 10th year anniversary.
Zenghong Ma, managing director, ZTE, expressed delight and optimism after the memorandum of understanding was signed. “This partnership will enhance and improve the networks service and quality offered by Globacom. The whole of Nigeria will benefit from this development between Glo and ZTE,” he said.
Ma added that ZTE and Globacom have enjoyed a healthy working relationship that has been of immense importance to everyone. “With this upgrade, Nigeria can enjoy the best data and voice service. Having worked with Globacom in building their optic cable fibre, 3G and 4G, we know that this technical upgrade will be of immense importance to all.”
- Mobile Number Portability (MNP) in Nigeria Threatened with Stringent Service Conditions
- MTN,GLO,Etisalat,Airtel Data Plans For Android Devices
- Mobile Number Portability Launched Across Nigeria’s GSM Networks
- How To Setup Your Internet & Blackberry’s APN For MTN, Glo, Etisalat And Airtel Networks
- Glo Closed User Group (CUG) Prepaid Services
- Aliko Dangote Becomes Richest Black Man To Be Ranked Top 25 Richest People In The World
- How To Unlock 4G wifi modems to become Universal
- CUSTOMER CARE HELPLINE NUMBERS FOR NIGERIA’s MOBILE NETWORK OPERATORS ( MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, AIRTEL, VISAFONE, STARCOMS AND MULTI LINKS)
- Glo extends 4G LTE services to 8 additional locations in one week
- The Private Life Of A World Class Billionaire Dr Mike Adenuga
- Rewane & Teriba : Glo Xchange, a major boost to Nigerian economy-
- How To Check Your Data Balance On MTN, Glo, Airtel & Etisalat Nigeria Internet Subscription : See Codes To Dial Here