Nigeria is not the only country battling against the dollar that is currently ravaging its economy and local currency, a Bloomberg report has revealed.
The following countries are experiencing a currency crisis at the moment according to the report:
- Tajikistan- official rate of 7.8332 Somoni per Dollar. Unofficial- 8.15 Somoni per dollar (4% increase)
- Egypt â€“ official rate of 7.83 Pound per Dollar. Unofficial â€“ 8.75 Pound per Dollar (12% increase)
- Nigeria- official rate of 198.5 Naira per Dollar. Unofficial rate of 337 Naira per dollar (70% increase)
- Uzbekistan â€“ official rate of 2,837 Soum per dollar. Unofficial rate of 5,950 Soum per dollar (110 increase)
- Angola â€“ official rate of 161 Kwanza per dollar. Unofficial rate of 380 Kwanza per dollar. (136% increase)