THEME: YOUR RACE MUST BE PURPOSEFUL
TEXT:1Corinthians 9:25–27, John 4:24
9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
“Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. (1Corinthians 9:24–27)
While we seek to receive deliverance from every form of captivity, we must never lose sight of the fact that we are involved in a race – to be in heaven at the end of this life. That is a race that needs utmost concentration so that we do not end up running in vain. One of the conditions that will determine how we end depends on what we do with our bodies. For Apostle Paul, he said he keeps his body under subjection so that he will not run in vain.
Unarguably, the human flesh is a threat and impediment towards the smooth running of our race to heaven. Like Apostle Paul, we must also endeavour to bring it under subjection. The desires of the flesh run parallel to the desires of the spirit and the bible insists no provision should be made for the flesh. So, based on the above, you are enjoined to do everything possible to play by the rules of the game. Give your life to Jesus Christ; ensure that you are soundly saved.
Sing a few warfare songs, thank God for yet another day and then take the following prayer points.
1. O God, my father, sanctify my spirit, soul and body. Uproot every Adamic nature out of my life. Grant me inner purity; make me holy and righteous, in Jesus’ name.
2. Every dominion and power of the flesh over my life, end in Jesus’ name. Every pride of life, lust of the eyes and flesh, immoral thoughts and carnal desires; be terminated, in Jesus’ name.
3. Father, give me the grace and power to live according to Your will and commandments and to overcome sin in all its ramifications, in Jesus’ name. Every slavery to sin, in the name of Jesus I terminate you.
4. Any altar speaking against my salvation; with the blood of Jesus I silence you. Any altar of my father’s house demanding for sacrifices and services from me, in the name of Jesus; be destroyed.
5. I pray for higher grace, higher righteousness, greater faith, more manifestation of the fruits of the Spirit and the gifts of the Holy Ghost, in Jesus’ name.
AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA