As we all know, Nollywood has emerged from what it used to be-an industru for Nigerians, by Nigerians and of Nigerians- that was mostly full of shiit. To what it is now- an industry filled with (West) Africans, by (West) Africans and for (West Africans)
Back in the day, we had eye candies like Ramsey Noah, Chidi Mokeme, Saint Obi, Desmond Elliot, RMD, Muna Obiekwe, Zack Orji, Nonso Diobi, Charles Okafor, Emeka Enyiocha and Emeka Ike to mention a few, who got women swooning and itching for a new release.
Well suffice it to say, most of thode fuys gave retired and given way to a new set of actors. Classier, sexier, and more suave who are heating up the screens with smoldering performances. With no further ado, here are 15 of the guys who have made the New Nollywood worth watching
15 Michael Godson: aka Mr. Ini Edo . He made his debut barely 3 years aho, but Mr. Godson who shares certain similarities with Mike Ezeuronye and plays somewhat the same roles as him has quickly become a fan favorite evident from the amount of movies heâ€™s featured in since then, hammering on the fact that it pays to be a yellow paw-paw in the industry
14) Tope Tedela: We first saw him in Wale Adenugaâ€™s superstory, just before he won the Most Promising Male award at the 2014 AMVCAâ€™s. Tope is an amazing actor with not just captivating skills, but looks as well. We look dorward to seeing more of him in coming movies
13) Shawn Faqua: I first saw this fellow in Lagos Cougarâ€™s where he played Monalisaâ€™s son (he should have played her lover though )â€¦even as the â€˜boyâ€™ he played, he still looked yummyâ€¦interestingly enough, many think he was better suited to play her love interest
12) Gabriel Afolayan: Although heâ€™s
far from new to the industry, having been a regular in Yoruba
movies, cinema-goers are still getting their feel of him, and boy
is he a great addition. Thereâ€™s just something
abouth the way he speaks and carries himself that makes him look so
mature, but funâ€¦.and he is one great
11) Ben Lugo Touitou: One of a good number of â€˜mulattosâ€™ that would make this list. Ben Touitou is one new fave the ladies are coming to love- and it doesnâ€™t hurt that he acts pretty well also (especially the roles of â€˜loverboyâ€™ Â The half-Israeli and half-Nigerian cutie has graced us with his presence in movies like Lagos Cougars and Desperate Housegirls (my best movie from him) and looks forward to showing off his Igbo in an epic Igbo movie
10) Ramsey Noah: This mulatto refuses to retire, Ramsey has been on our screens long before most of the guys on this list even wrote their first common entrance and we refuse to tire of him cuz heâ€™s STILL GOT IT..(Forget heâ€™s balding )â€¦Ramsey still heats up our screen with his enthralling acting, his wonderful eloquence and his classy looks
9) Gideon Okeke: From Big Brother Nigeria, to
Tinsel and now lead actor in cinema-bound movies. Showbiz has been
kind to Gideon Okeke and the ladies
â€¦itâ€™s not so much his bad boy aura that gets to us, but also his deep baritoneâ€¦although Gideon has been repeatedly accused of not being able to shed the Phillip Ade-Williams personae while playing other characters, he still gets roles in big budget movies because heâ€™s great market
10) Jim Iyke: our own bad boy extraordinaire, doing it like no other since the time of David. Jim Iyke may not be a constant in the movie world anymore due to the huge success of his reality show, he always gives us a great account of himself whenever he shows up. We all still love him with his fake yankee accent and all and he remains a good reason to see any movie
7) Joseph Benjamin: Thereâ€™s just something about this guy, from his looks to his voice and carriahe that makes us think of French wine and Frank Sinatra, heâ€™s just IT. A suave, gentleman to the hilt and after seeing him in movies like Tango With Me, we canâ€™t help but want to snatch him from the Project Fame stage
6) Bryan Okwara: Mr Nigeria toh bad. God was grinning when this dude was being created, heâ€™s all things hot and NBC-ban-worthy
5) Alex Ekubo: our own Johnny boy, bless Uti for introducing us to Alex, what would movies be without his quirky attitude? From Weekend Getaway to Lagos Cougars, Johnny shows he has some clowny under all of that sexy and surely provides the comic relief in most movies he features as well as a lil playboy lines
4) Michel Majid: I used to think this guy was crazy. He
seemed like a child who had drank too many bottles of coke with a
dash of weedâ€¦but those were the roles he got.
Heâ€™s arguably one of the best actors in the
industry and was even touted to unseat Ramsey as the loverboy, but
Majid has proven to be more than just a pretty face with one
roleâ€¦.but we all still love it when Majid is in
love, gives us the â€˜awwâ€™
3) Blossom Chukwujekwu: Blossom is quite androgynous in nature. He has something of a feminine face and an imposing, masculine buildâ€¦.once you get past the name that reminds you of the eldest of the Powerpuff girls, youâ€™ll come to appreciate the man that is Blossom and his strength. Having shown his versatility from acting as an abuser in â€˜Knocking On Heavenâ€™s Doorâ€™..to a somewhat unserious actor who falls in love in â€˜Flower Girlâ€™ and then a caring, philantropic goctor in â€˜Forgetting Juneâ€™â€¦we want more Blossom on our screens
2) Chris Attoh: Father, Bless Ghana for they finally got it right. Chris is all that is sinfully sexy, captivatingly classy, and hopelessly handsome. We bless the gods for providing this wonderful specimen of man that keeps us glued to our screens with his Oscar-worthy acting and chiselled features. With a myriad of roles and a sizeable portfolio, Chris has the talent to storm Hollywood.
1) OC Ukeje: *drum roll*â€¦.and the number one heart-throb is the one and only, AMBO Golden Boy, The James Bond of Nigeria, our very own Marlboro manâ€¦OC Ukeje. His acting is as flawless as his looks and charm, his expressions say â€˜come get it baeâ€™â€¦whether heâ€™s a hustler, a man torn between two ladies, a man with dreams and obstructions, a smart ass detective, an activist, or even a waka pass, OC is every producerâ€™s moneybag and every girlâ€™s dreamâ€¦too bad heâ€™s taken. We will have to settle for seeing him on our screens, we wouldnâ€™t have him anywhere else.