MTN SA General Manager, Radio Optimisation & Planning, Krishna Chetty says HD Voice will give subscribers superior audio feedback and make conversations between communicators sound clearer and more natural. The technology will be available on the telecom’s 3G network nationwide, using the Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) coding standard.
To enjoy the service, MTN SA Chief Technology Officer, Albertyn Eben said both the caller and the receiver must have compatible (3G) mobile devices to enjoy the service on the 3G network. The service is however not compatible on LTE or 2G network.
HD Voice technology was previously reserved for fixed-line networks in the past. SEE MORE ON PAGE2
- MTN to launch 4G network, begins full integration of Visafone ’s customers
- NTEL 4G LTE is here! Nigeria’s 4G LTE operator Announces Pre-launch opportunity to early Pre-subscribers
- MTN 4G LTE now Live in Nigeria today.
- Mobile Telecoms Network “Customer Care/Customer Service” Numbers for MTN, Airtel, Glo & Etisalat in Nigeria
- Alcatel-Lucent Prepares To Boost Nigeria’s Connectivity To 100 gigabit-per-second fibre-optic
- How To Unlock 4G wifi modems to become Universal
- Thanks to Unique Data Plans, Glo gains over 3 Million new internet users
- MTN Nigeria To Bring Affordable Alternative Mobile Electricity To Nigeria
- MTN iPulse: At 11kobo per second to any network, N2 SMS rate in Nigeria Free Megabytes Access To Social Networking Apps Including Facebook
- Photos: MTN Reacts To APC’s Politically Branded Recharge Cards
- Dstv Nigeria Channels, Decoders, Packages & Their Price List For The Year 2016
- CUSTOMER CARE HELPLINE NUMBERS FOR MOBILE NETWORK OPERATORS IN NIGERIA ( MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, AIRTEL, VISAFONE, STARCOMS AND MULTI LINKS)