There has been an high Improvement in service delivery and reduction in system collapses in power supply in Nigeria hitting 4,000mw of elctricity the federal government has said. Power generation, which recently dropped to about 3,000mw due to vandalism of critical infrastructure, increased to 4105.90mw as at Tuesday, a statement by Kande Daniel the special assistant, media, to the minister of power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, said yesterday. “Nigeria’s power generation is coming up again with the current generated megawatts (mw) hitting over 4,000 as at Tuesday,” “This situation has been attributed to reduction in system collapses, as well as improvement in services delivery, among other things,” it added. SEE MORE AFTER CUT>>>>
The release further reveals a breakdown of how generated capacity was shared, with the industrial nerve-centre Lagos and environs getting the highest, a maximum load totaling 985.0mw, while the maximum load allocated to Abuja through Katampe and Gwagwalada power line was 410.80mw.
The latest grid information has dismissed insinuations in some sections of the media that power generation dropped to less than 2,000mw. the latest grid information has dismissed insinuations in some sections of the media that power generation dropped to less than 2,000mw.
She added that since mid-last week, many households now enjoy enhanced power supply unlike what was obtainable in the recent past when vandals tampered with several power installations in parts of the country.
She further reaffirmed Government’s resolve to consolidate efforts at removing all bottlenecks to sufficiency in power supply, while conveying an appeal from the minster of power to Nigerians for more patience and understanding.