An unspecified number of worshippers were killed and some others injured when two suicide bombers drove vehicles packed with explosives into St. Monica’s Catholic church in Ungwan Yero near Malali in Kaduna on Sunday during the morning mass.The blast occurred around 8:45a.m, leading to a stampede in the packed church.“After receiving reports from our call centre over ‘bomb explosion’ at a worship centre in Malali, Kaduna, NEMA mobilised rescuers and other response agencies to the scene.“A number of casualties evacuated to hospitals. The incident was suspected to be triggered by a suicide bomber in a car which relevant security agencies may soon determined,” he said.Witnesses also reported another blast in Sabo, another Kaduna suburb a few minutes later.
The Commissioner of Police, Olufemi Adenaike, confirmed the first blast to the News Agency of Nigeria, saying the casualties had not been determined.
- Happening now: Burial Of late Super Eagles Chief Coach, Stephen Keshi, at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, 30 Airport Road, Benin City. (PHOTOS)
- Three 3 dead bodies discovered in the foundation of a church building In Enugu State
- Photos: VP Yemi Osinbajo, American singer Don Moen at Pastor Taiwo Odukoya’s 60th birthday service
- Biography/Profile/Interview With Nollywood Actress Rose Odika
- Photos: Paris attacks key suspect Mohamed Abrini arrested in Brussels…
- Photo: Nigerian Graduate “Jehu Kwasu” impersonates Bishop Kukah, defrauds Oyedepo, Dantata, others
- Photos: One year memorial service of late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade
- Photos: Suspected Suicide Bomber Burnt Alive by Mob in Gombe State
- Enugu State Governor Ugwuanyi visits town where Herdsmen killed a Seminarian
- Biography Of Gospel Award Winning Songwriter, Vocalist & Singer Sinach
- Abuja Emab Plaza Bombing Today, 21 Confirmed Dead, 17 Injured
- Official Sinach Video: DANCE IN THE HOLY GHOST