Breaking Featured Featured General

Photos: Elephant mother and calf daubed in flowers by Indian villagers after they were tragically electrocuted

14316769_1266053016779846_2963189907454917383_nElephant mother and calf daubed in flowers by Indian villagers after they were electrocuted when they walked into an electricity pole

Elephants are revered as sacred god-like animals in India, and this certainly proved true as two of the animals were colourfully mourned by a community.

They both perished near the Kiranchandra Tea Garden, near Siliguli, after becoming trapped in electrical wiring.

A calf had initially got stuck in the live wires before the mother came to rescue her calf and also died, according to local blog ilovesiliguli.14344101_1266053063446508_7766272904296585626_n 14355091_1266053026779845_3890099530130285741_n 14333024_1266053030113178_4867249133328161237_n

 

 

 

(Credit: Mail Online)


Leave a Comment