An Indonesian pop star, Irma Bule, 29, who was performing in Karawang, West Java carried on performing on stage for 45 minutes despite being bitten by a venomous Cobra. She later collapsed on stage and was rushed to the hospital, where she was confirmed deadâ€¦
Irma was well-known for using reptiles in her acts and thought the king cobra, called Rianti, had been de-fanged. But when the snake bit her thigh, it injected venom into her bloodstream until a snake handler pulled it away.
She carried on singing for 45 minutes, but began vomiting and having seizures before she passed out. Someone who was among the audience, Ferlando Octavion Auzura, told a local website:
Â â€˜In the middle of the second song, Irma stepped on the snakeâ€™s tail. The snake then bit Irma in her thigh.â€™
According to reports, the singer who had also used boa constrictors and pythons in previous acts, refused the offer of an antidote until she was done with her performance.
Source: UK DailyMail