“There are two main problems confronting us as a nation: The issue of insecurity in the North where we have the Boko Haram terrorists and in the South where we have commercial kidnapping. The next thing that people worry about after security is the issue of corruption.We are coming out with programmes and plans to clean up. These are things that you don’t just use a magical wand to wave off, otherwise even before I became the President, there wouldn’t have been corruption in Nigeria.
“It is not just about shouting corruption. It is not about looking at one person, arrest the person and show him on television. It is about strengthening institutions and coming up with credible plans to make sure that anybody who gets involved with corruption, the system must have a way of detecting him and punishing him.
“Until you put such a system on ground, you cannot talk about eradicating corruption, you will just be celebrating corruption. You would have noticed that from Christmas to New Year, at least, it has been calm. It did not happen by accident.
“It happened because you have been praying for this country and the government has also been doing something. We do not need to announce what we are doing. With your prayers, we will surely get there. We will continue to come up with programmes that will help the ordinary people.
“The same way we won the war against Ebola, we shall win the terror war. 2015 is a turning point because of the elections. Some people will not mind if half of the country get burnt because of their ambition.
PROCEED TO SEE MORE ON PAGE2
- PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN RELEASE 9-POINT AGENDA FOR SECOND TERM.
- President Idris Deby Itno of Chad Tells Boko Haram Leader ”Shekau” to surrender or he will be killed
- 10 important things President Goodluck Jonathan said during AIT interview in Abuja
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Prospone February 14 presidential and legislative elections by six weeks.
- Professor Attahiru Jega Says INEC Is Ready For Free, Fair, Credible 2015 Elections
- Bomb blast rocks Close to President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign rally venue in Gombe State
- Federal Government Of Nigeria Approves Extention of State Of Emergency Rule In Adamawa, Yobe and Borno states
- New Nigerian N100 Note goes into circulation On Friday , December 19th, 2014
- Pictures: President Goodluck Jonathan formally unveiled The New N100 Commemorative Notes At The Abuja Presidential Villa Today.
- Muhammadu Buhari/Osinbanjo Campaign Organisation pledged focused on issues which uplift average Nigerian from poverty to prosperity
- Prof. Yemi Osinbajo Says Pastor EA Adeboye Never Endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan On Channel Tv Interview
- PRESIDENT GOOLUCK JONATHAN RELOCATES HIS FAMILY TO UNITED KINGDOM AHEAD OF 2015 ELECTIONS