The Rivers state governor, Rotimi Amaechi has been announced as the Director General of APC’s Presidential campaign. His appointment is contained in a statement released by the National Secretary of the party today December 18th. See the full text of the appointment letter below.. The All Progressives Congress, APC, has named Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State as the Director-General of the APC Presidential Campaign Organization, which will drive the party’s efforts to win the 2015 presidential election. In a statement issued in Lagos on Thursday by its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, the party said the announcement followed the hugely successful convention at which its presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, was democratically elected, and the follow-up successful choice of his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.
It said Gov. Amaechi’s outstanding reputation as a man of courage, principle, strength of character, decency and love of country, as well as his administrative prowess and organizational skills combined to fetch him perhaps the most important task in the quest for positive change in Nigeria.
APC thanked Nigerians for their support and prayers toward the success of the convention, the emergence of Gen. Buhari as the APC presidential candidate and the choice of Prof. Osinbajo as his running mate.
The party said it believed it had lived to its promise to Nigerians to ensure that the choice of its presidential running mate would be made within the context of the best democratic ideals, considering the enormously-positive reactions from the general public to the choice of Prof. Osinbajo.
”With a presidential candidate that has rekindled the hopes of the citizenry and revived their belief in democratic ideals, we believe we must also choose a running mate that will complement the sterling qualities of the presidential candidate. We must confess that the choice was a tough one, considering the array of eminently-qualified and outstanding candidates that we had to choose from.
”Yes, we were spoilt for choice but, in the end, we picked as running mate a man whose pedigree, nationally, sub-regionally, regionally and globally, attests to the fact that our party, the APC, is a repository of high quality leadership materials, and that our country, Nigeria, has no shortage of the very best human resources,” it said. PROCEED TO SEE MORE ON PAGE2
- APC presidential rally General Muhammadu Buhari Visits Uyo, Akwa Ibom State For Campaign
- 2015 Vice Presidential Candidate For PDP: Namadi Sambo Says PDP Has More Muslims Than APC
- Senators John Damboyi, Pauline Tallen, Other Formers PDP big wigs join General Buhari APC Campaign in Plateau state
- APC Set To Drop Rotimi Amaechi for Babatunde Fashola As General Muhammadu’s Buhari’s Running Mate
- BREAKING: Prof Yemi Osibajo Emerges As Buhari’s Running mate and Vice president in Nigeria’s 2015 Election
- General Muhammadu Explains: Why I Chose Professor Yemi Osinbajo As My Running Mate For 2015 Election
- Gbemisola Saraki To Run For Kwara State Governorship In Nigeria’s 2015 Elections
- Former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu,Says Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, is not a member Of All Progressives Congress “APC” and cannot speak on It’s behalf
- Photos: See the Massive Crowd As APC’s 2015 Presidential Candidate General Muhammadu Buhari Campaigns In Owerri, Imo State
- Taraba Female Governor still in race As INEC Declares Taraba 2015 Governorship poll inconclusive
- Photos/LIVE Updates: Buhari/Osinbajo 2015 APC presidential campaign rally in surulere, Lagos state
- PHOTOS: APC Presidential Candidate General Muhammadu Buhari and Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun At Ongoing APC Port Harcourt Rally