The burial rites of former Super Eagles’ captain and coach, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi will begin in Benin City, Edo State today. On Wednesday, the Nigeria Football Federation confirmed that the final rites would now be confined to Edo and Delta States.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) delegation to the final rites will be led by the President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, and will include, among others, Mr. Frank Ilaboya (Chairman of the Edo State Football Association), Mr. Neville Bekederemo (Chairman of NPFL side Warri Wolves FC) and Mr. Edema Fuludu (Chairman of Delta State League Management Company).
Keshi, one of only two men to have won the Africa Cup of Nations as player and as coach, died in Benin City on Wednesday, 8th June at the age of 54.
- Happening now: Burial Of late Super Eagles Chief Coach, Stephen Keshi, at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, 30 Airport Road, Benin City. (PHOTOS)
- How Former Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi died — Family Explains
- Man kills An Austria-based lover in Edo State Over unpaid debt
- Former Super Eagles captain and Chief Coach, Stephen Keshi,to be buried July 29th, 2016
- PHOTO: 20-year-old Mississippi woman Jaelyn Deshaun Young sentenced to 12 years in prison for conspiring to provide material support to ISIS.
- Father of four year old boy whose eyes were plucked out in Kaduna gets a car gift from a good Nigerian
- Video: Charlotte Shooting Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott
- At Least 13 Deaths Recorded During Shiites’ Procession in Kaduna, Katsina & Sokoto States
- Photos/Video: 7-year-old girl visting a Zoo dies after Elephant hurls a huge stone at her head
- Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof attacked in jail by a fellow inmate
- Complete List Of Names of Nigerians to be Executed In Indonesia today
- Video: Nigerian Man pulls gun on FRSC officials who told him to put on seatbelt in FCT, Abuja