The day is celebrated to
commemorate Prophet Abrahamâ€™s devotion to Allah.
Legend has it that he was about to sacrifice his son, when God,
pleased with his devotion, instructed him to offer an animal
instead. To celebrate the day, Muslims sacrifice cows, lambs,
goats, rams or other animals.
Eid Mubarak! Muslims around the world celebrate Eid al-Adha 2016:
To commemorate the day, here isÂ a list of top quotes from the Holy Quran and English messages to share with friends and family.
1. And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimoon (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) [Hood 11:52]
2. And let not those among you who are blessed with graces and wealth swear not to give (any sort of help) to their kinsmen, Al-Masakin (the poor), and those who left their homes for Allahâ€™s Cause. Let them pardon and forgive. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [AnNur24:22] 3. You cannot guide those you would like to but God guides those He wills. He has the best knowledge of the guided. (Holy Quran/28: 56)
4. He is the One GOD; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, Most Wise. [59:24]
5. O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace (Islam). Do not follow in the footsteps of Satan. He is an outright enemy to you. (Holy Quran: 2, 208)
1. Eid-ul-Adha is an Eid of sacrifice; And commitment of Allahâ€™s orders. May Allah bless us with the same in all circles of life! Eid Mubarak!
2. Hope that you are guided by your faith in the Almighty and shine in his divine blessings. Wishing you a happy Eid.
3. My wish for you on this Eid,
May peace and joy embrace your life,
And stay on this blessed day and always. Ameen!
Eid Ul Aldha Mubarak!
4. On Eid Ul Adha, wishing that your sacrifices are appreciated and your prayers are answered by the almighty. Have a blessed Eid Ul Adha!
5. Eid Ul Adha Mubarak: It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah: It is your piety that reaches him: he has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for his guidance to you and proclaim the good news to all who do right.