1. P-Square â€“ Psquare is one of the richest musicians in Nigeria. Psquare composed of Nigerian twins, Peter and Paul, are the second richest musicians in Africa. They own a luxurious home in Lagos worth over 3 million dollars. They also own a house in San Francisco worth overÂ 1.7 million pounds. In 2012 they were named the Artist of the year at theÂ KORA All Africa Music AwardsÂ and they receivedÂ 1 million dollars for winningÂ the award. In December 2011, the duo signed a mouth watering deal with Akon Konvict Music. Psquare are ambassadors for Globacom telecommunication in Nigeria and are said to charge over $150 ,000 per show. Psquare fly their own airbus private jet and make most of their money from concerts across Africa. They recently concluded a concert in Chicago and they try to spend as much time as they can with their family before travelling.Â peter okoye recently proposed to his long time girlfriend Lola Omotayo with a 15 million brand newÂ SUV. According to their Jude Okoye, Psquareâ€™s elder brother, Paul is more on the reserved side while Peter is on the social side. Peter is like a socialite, outgoing person more than Paul. Peter has the motivating drive. Psquare also engage in Philanthropic acts. They visited and donated 5 million Naira to OJB( a Nigerian music producer)Â Â to aid him towards his kidney operation in India. Some ofÂ Psquareâ€™s hits include songs like â€˜â€™Temptationsâ€™â€™, â€˜â€™personallyâ€™â€™, â€˜â€™No body be like youâ€™â€™, and â€˜â€™Chop my moneyâ€™â€™ which featured Akon on the Remix. They fly private jets.
2. Dâ€™Banj â€“ Dbanj also known as the koko master is internationally well known for his smash hit song â€˜â€™Oliver twistâ€™ which wasÂ number 2 on the UK R&B chart. Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo popularly known as Dâ€™banj was born June 9, 1980. He is a Nigerian musician, song writer, harmonica player and businessman. He has won several music awards including the awards for the Artist of the Year at the MTV Africa Music AwardsÂ in 2009. In 2011 he won the BET Awards of 2011 for Best International Act. Dbanj is not only a talented musician, he is also business man. He owns Koko Water, Koko Garri, Koko mobile and a host of other Koko products. He became the first African musician to be signed to Kanye West Good Music label. In 2013 he was unveiled as the Headliner for Hennessy 2103 Artistry. Dâ€™banjÂ has a home in Atlanta reported to be worth $15 million dollars and he charges over 100, 000 dollars per show. HisÂ latest album Dâ€™Kingâ€™s Men was launched in Nigeria and reviewed on The New York Times on Friday 13th September 2013. Dâ€™banj wore a $25000 suit to the launch.
3. Don Jazzy â€“ Don Jazzy is the CEO of MAVIN records which he founded in May 2012 after his split up with childhood friend and Moâ€™Hits partner, Dâ€™banj. He and Dâ€™banj performed together for the first time after the split in Dâ€™banj sisterâ€™s wedding some weeks ago. Don Jazzy is not only a music producer and song writer, he is also a multi- award winning musician and an enterpreneur. Don Jazzy still has his deal with Kanyeâ€™s G.O.O.D Music, even though he and Dâ€™Banj have parted ways. In August 2013 he became an MTN ambassador signing a lucrative deal together with his brother Dâ€™prince.
On Friday 30th November 2012, Don Jazzy was announced as a ambassador for Loya Milk. Apart from Loya milk, Don Jazzy is also the Brand Ambassador for Samsung. He recently was rated as the 36th. â€œMost powerful celebrity in Africaâ€ according to Forbes. He is one of the richest musicians in Nigeria.
Don Jazzy has a black Cadillac Escalade worth N12,000,000 with his name on the number plate; he has a black Bentley Continental Flying Spur worth N29,600,000, and he owns a black Range Rover Sports worth N9,600,000, and drives a Porsche 911 Carrera worth N13,440,000.
4. 2Face Idibia â€“ Nigerian music star Tuface Idibia takes the number 7 spot on the list of the richest musicians in Africa. In the recent Forbes report on the most bankable artiste in Africa, Tuface Idibia made the cut.Â He is a multi-award wining musician and one of the most decorated hip pop artists in Africa.
He is popularly known across Africa for his song â€˜â€™African Queenâ€™â€™. TufaceÂ has won 1 KORA award,Â 1 MTV Europe Award, 1 world Music Award, five Headies Awards (Hip-hop award), four Channel O Music Awards and one BET award 4 MTV Africa Music Awards, 1 MOBO award, and numerous additional nominations. The African Queen crooner has a vast investment in real estate across Nigeria, earns around $50k to $80k per show and owns a night club in Nigeria.
In 2009, he was presented with the prestigious International Youth Ambassador for Peace Summit and the Nigeria Youth Merit Award by the National Youth Council of Nigeria in recognition of his contributions to youth development in Nigeria.
5. Banky W â€“ Olubankole Wellington , popularly known as Banky W , was born in the united states on March 27 1981. He is the CEO ofÂ Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E.) record labelÂ andÂ R& B artist.Â He is often refereed to as the king of R & B in Nigeria.Â He is also a published writer, and some of his articles have been featured in numerous NigerianÂ magazines, newspapers and websites.
As a philanthropist, he launched the â€œI AM CAPABLEâ€ scholarship fund, which provides tuition, room & board at private universities for youth who are in need and meet the grade requirements Majority ofÂ Bankyâ€™s money comes from gigs . sales of records, and endorsement deals.
Banky has a lucrative ambassadorial deal with Samsung Mobile. In Feb 2013, he signed a second deal with Samsung Electronics West Africa which is valued at over a 140 million Naira. Officials of Samsung have described Mr Wellington as one who represents the values Samsung stands for which is his quality, depth of work and versatility as an artiste that has endeared him to fans in and outside Nigeria.
Wizkid, one of the richest musicians in Nigeria, was once signed to Bankyâ€™s record label, Although wizkid has began his own label called star boy record, it is believed that he still has an agreement with EME Records. Banky W is award winning musician. Richest Musicians in Africa 2014
6. Wizkid â€“ At 23, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, a.k.a Wizkid, leads the pack. A string of endorsement deals, including one from MTN, has placed him on the list of big earning music artistes in Nigeria. At present, he is the highest paid Pepsi Ambassador in Africa and he lives in a N140m choice home in Lekki, Lagos. Wizkidâ€™s personal cars include a N14.6million Porsche Panamera, Rolls Royce, N10m BMW X6, N6million blue Volkswagen convertible and a Hyndai Sonata.
The talented singer, songwriter and performer has emerged one of Nigeriaâ€™s hottest music acts, seven years after he broke into the Nigerian music scene. The last child in a family of six, Wizkid began to sing at the age of 11. Like new wine, his performance matured with age. His talent has taken him to different parts of the world and seen him perform alongside world class artistes, such as Chris Brown, Akon, and Young Jeezy, and Kardinal Official.
The young manâ€™s fortunes improved in 2012, a few months after he released his Superstar album. As expected, his rating soared in the same year and he was named the second most influential Nigerian artiste on Twitter, an enviable position which clearly reflected his growing popularity.
Wizkidâ€™s position on the African music chart was further justified after he made it to the Channel O/Forbes List of Bankable African Artistes. Mentioned alongside big weights like Don Jazzy, Psquare, Dâ€™banj, he was placed ahead of Tuface Idibia, on the list.
Early in the year, he threw a free appreciation party for his fans at the New African Shrine.Â He has the BET, MTV, Channel O, Ghana Music Awards to his credit.
7. Ice Prince â€“ Twenty-six-year-old Ice Prince lives like a true superstar. A proud owner of a 2010 model of Bentley GT, a Range Rover SUV, among many others, the Chocolate City Records â€˜golden boyâ€™ is also a BET Awards winner. Since his first single â€˜Olekuâ€™ was released, he has witnessed a meteoric rise to the top.
He gained international recognition after beating 2face Idibia to the Best International Act Award at the BET Awards. He recently relocated from his apartment in Palm Groove Estate, Lagos to a bigger apartment in the Ogudu area, after completing a mansion in his hometown, Jos. The buzz around him got louder after he appeared in Yvonne Nelsonâ€™s â€˜House of Goldâ€™ alongside Ghanaian actor, Majid Michael.
8. Davido â€“ At 20, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, is one of the most popular young artistes in Nigeria.Â The singer drew the attention of millions of music fans when he introduced himself as Omo baba olowo in his hit song titled Dami duro. Translated from Yoruba to English language, it means â€˜son of a rich manâ€™.
Davido, whose father, Dr. Deji Adeleke, is the chairman of Keplo-Pacific Energy Pacific, a company that is involved in banking, steel, power and energy, found his way to the top as if with the snap of a finger. The youngster, who is not afraid to boast about his fatherâ€™s wealth, always causes a stir on Twitter with his controversial tweets.
So far, he has won some international awards and performed at various shows within and outside the country. He is also the face of MTN Pulse. Davidoâ€™s personal collection of exotic cars comprise a silver 2012 Honda Accord, a 2012 Hyundai Sonata, which he won for being â€˜Next Ratedâ€™ at the 2012 Headies, a N12m 2012 Audi Q7, N17m Chevrolet Camaro and a N21m Mercedes Benz G55 AMG, his fifth car since he shot to fame last year.
9. Olamide â€“ Olamide Adedeji, aka Badoo, has succeeded in filling the vacuum created by the death of rap sensation, Dagrin. The alternative rapper, who has redefined the word Razz as the new cool, has been dubbed the â€˜king of the streets.
He recently signed a multimillion naira endorsement deal with the makers ofÂ Ciroc Ultra Premium vodka. For the self acclaimed â€˜Voice of the Streetâ€™, who grew up in the Bariga area of Lagos, fame did not come cheap.Â He fell in love with rap music at a tender age and was always visiting renowned producer ID Cabasaâ€™s music studio in his school uniform.
Today, Olamide hobnobs with some of the industry big names, especially Dâ€™banj. Pictures of both artistes surfaced online and their close relationship gave room to speculation that he had been signed on to the seld-styled Koko Masterâ€™s record label.
The rapperâ€™s hit songs comprise Jale, Street Love, Jesu O kola, Durosoke, Stupid Love, First of All and Ilefo Illuminati. His forthcoming album titled â€˜Baddest Guy Ever Livethâ€™ will be released in October. Today, the 24-year-old star acquired a brand new 2013 Range Rover Sport. He also topped the winners list at the 2013 Nigerian Entertainments Awards in New York, US, with three awards.
10. Flavour â€“ Flavour is like the Rock Star of Nigeria who has been touring the world for majority of 2013 from his concerts in Australia, sold out show in Burkina Faso, USA Tour and a Cameroon tour coming soon. He also dropped some powerful singles like Ada Ada, Shake and Chinny Baby.
This list focused on recognising the contributions of Nigerian entertainers to the global entertainment industry, and it is also aimed at promoting the image and culture of Nigeria at large.