WAAW Foundation has announced its 2015 scholarships, offering $500/year for need-based female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa. WAAW Foundation is a U.S. based non-profit organization focused on Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women. WAAW promotes Science and Technology education among African girls, and works to focus they are engaged in technology innovation for Africa.
- Female students of African origin living in Africa
- Less than 32 years
- Gained Undergraduate admission to a University or College in Africa and studying a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related degree course.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need and excellent academic record. Special consideration is given to underprivileged students such as orphans, girls impacted by HIV or students in first or second year of study.
*Please note that WAAW does not fund graduate (masters, MBA or phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees.
- Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2015 academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency.
- Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
How to Apply for WAAW Foundation
- Complete the online application form here.
- Follow the application instructions carefully. You must finish your application in one sitting.
- You will be required to write essays on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW
- scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- Application documents must be submitted electronically via our online forms. We will not be accepting paper applications this year.
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/waawfoundation
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit the following additional documents in order to complete the application process:
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from 2015_ScholarshipReferenceLetter and emailed to email@example.com
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
Scholarship Deadline Date
Midnight 31st October, 2014
Scholarship Webpage: http://www.waawfoundation.org/scholarships