#WorldCup2014 What is your Forecast for #France vs #Nigeria this afternoon? Another day and another soccer game but this is not like any soccer game.
#France vs #Nigeria.
This will be only the second international meeting between France and Nigeria. The Super Eagles won the previous meeting 1-0 in Saint-Etienne back in June 2009.
• Les Blues have lost two of their last three World Cup matches against African nations (2002 v Senegal and 2010 v South Africa). They beat Togo between these two defeats, in 2006.
• Nigeria have scored a goal in all but one of their previous 10 World Cup finals matches against European sides.
• The Super Eagles are aiming to become just the fourth African side to make the quarter finals of a World Cup tournament (after Cameroon in 1990, Senegal in 2002 and Ghana in 2010).
• Nigeria have only won one of their last 11 World Cup matches.
• Nigeria have lost both of their previous World Cup second round ties – 1-2 v Italy in 1994 and 1-4 v Denmark in 1998.
• All of France’s goals during this World Cup have come from inside the box.
• France have won all three of their previous second round ties at the World Cup (2-0 v Italy in 1986, 1-0 v Paraguay in 1998 and 3-1 v Spain in 2006).
• Les Blues attempted more shots at goal than any other side during the 2014 World Cup group stages.
• Nigerian goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper during the 2013-14 French Ligue 1 season for Lille.
• On the last five occasions that France have progressed past round 1 in the World Cup, they have reached the semi-final stage (1958, 1982, 1986, 1998 and 2006).
• Karim Benzema has scored nine goals in his last nine appearances for France, including three goals in his three appearances at this World Cup.
As the Super Eagles of Nigeria steps out later this afternoon for their next match in the ongoing 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Do you believe the Super Eagles will make Nigerians Proud, and also qualify for the Next round of the tournament? SEE MORE ON THE NEXT PAGE