- Andres Moreno, of Sonora, Mexico, weighed 980lbs (70st) at his heaviest
- He died on Christmas Day morning aged 38 while being taken to hospital
- Had heart attack in ambulance and couldnâ€™t be revived, his publicist said
- Moreno had recently had weight loss surgery after losingÂ 266lbs naturally
- He had hoped operation would help him slim down 175lbs and find a wife
- Just a month before his death, Cristiano Ronaldo gave him a signed shirtÂ
Mexican who weighed 70st suffered Christmas Day heart attack just weeks after Cristiano Ronaldo supported his efforts to slim down. The worldâ€™s most obese man has died from a heart attack at the age of 38.
Andres Moreno, who weighed 980lbs at his heaviest, passed away on the morning of Christmas Day while he was being rushed to hospital from his home in Ciudad ObregÃ³n in Sonora, Mexico.
He suffered a fatal heart attack in the ambulance and could not be revived, his publicist said.
â€˜Andres died at 8.30am on Christmas Day in an ambulance from a heart attack as he was taken from his house to San Jose Hospital,â€™ publicist Carmen Palacios said in a statement today.
â€˜Sometimes you think that people live in another world way from the people, but that is not the case.
â€˜I feel as if I had gotten a Christmas gift before Christmas.â€™
The signed jersey was sent to Moreno by Ronaldo shortly before the man underwent weight-loss surgery at a Mexico hospital after losing a staggering 266lbs naturally, according toÂ Metro.
Moreno still weighed more than 700lbs when he went under the knife. It took a team of seven staff to help hoist him out of bed and onto a reinforced stretcher so he could be taken to the hospital.